Re: Adobe Lightroom

At 07:01 PM 7/31/2008, you wrote:
So what have they done to make it faster? On my machine it's unbelievably slow, especially since one needs to take advantage of the database features and that means loading 4500 10-25M files every time one starts Lightroom up. I suppose if one could never ever shut the computer down that might not be such a burden, but imagine if you have a complete portfolio of 45,000 images.

I'd probably quite like Lightroom if I could keep my entire portfolio in it for searching by keyword.

Even then. however, scrolling through all those thumbnails while updating keywords in old files is just too inefficient.
--
Emily L. Ferguson

Emily - I don't have all of my photos in one catalog. I sort my photos based on country so there is a separate catalog for each country and then folders within each catalog based on subject. Lightroom only loads the catalog I'm working on at the time and only the previews for the folder I open. It's very fast for me.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com