Re: Windows Vista

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Blackwell" <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: Windows Vista

> Well I expect that Vista will rival the success of Windows ME.  I know
why the gave it the name Millennium.  You would have to spend a 1000
years to get it to work.  They have had enough complaints over Vista
that I suspect they are working on the next greatest thing already.

apparenly they were underway before they'd even released the first
service pack for vista

what's wrong with peoples old OS's?

when a new OS doesn't support peripherals you have and software you've
paid for.. when the OS prevents you from doing things *you* want to do,
it really doesn't look like an upgrade at all.

to be honest it's not all MS's fault - they had the info on the OS out
to all the vendors with plenty of time to spare, but I'm guessing the
vendors are overwhelmed with the constant need to write drivers.   when
a driver written in '95 works all the way through to 2000 and beyond all
is fine, but this constand demand to produce drivers every time a
company (be it Apple of MS) decides to make a change - it's got to
become annoying.