Re: photo printer inks

My first experience with Canon printers was my BJC-7004 Photo.  The black cartridge had a print head built in.  There were two color "setups", a regular color setup with a print head that takes a color "ink tank" and a photo color print head that takes a photo color "ink tank".  The regular color ink tank has three "outlets" for the ink and the photo color ink tank has six "outlets".

My i950 Photo printer has six ink tanks that go into the print head, Cyan, Photo Cyan, Black, Yellow, Photo Magenta, and Magenta.

I don't know where I got this from but almost $3K for the printer and almost $1K for a full 12 tank replacement!

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml

Bob

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
I thought the print heads were in the cartridges in Canon printers.

But maybe that was HP...

--
                           /////
                          ( O O )