Re: Digital V Film

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris"

I did not recon on Sony being a photographic company but I knew Canon and
Nikon are so I'll probably go for the Canon. I expect most of the list
members go for Nikon and the price is the same so do I go for Nikon?

Don't forget the days Chris when a camera making company made cameras and a different company made lenses..

and these days, the cameras are electonics based - and Sony is a electronics company, and a big one at that.  Fortunately they've comissioned a lens making company (Zeiss) to make thier new lenses, but they've also utilized a Minolta mounting system allowing older Minolta A lenses to be used.

Sony and Canon both being large electronics companies certainly have an edge over what is left of the camera companies, but Nikon and others buy their sensors mainly from Sony so they can stay in the game without having to spend oodles of dollars on R&D.

basically i'm saying don't discount the Sony out of hand.  their zeiss lenses are getting good reviews as are their cameras, and live view is a nice feature, especially coupled with a tilting lcd screen - which works as a waist level finder :)

karl

(who generally loathes Sony and all they stand for)