Re: why does my image change in Lightroom?

I had the same problem...

Lightroom, Bridge, whatever software you use won't remember all the colour
settings (vivid/neutral etc) from your camera unless you're shooting jpegs,
with Raw you've got to do all that stuff yourself - which may be good or bad
depending on what overall result you want and the amount of time you need to
do it in.

My advice would be either;

use your cannon software (which will remember the settings) to process the
image, or just shoot jpeg.

Jonathan.

On 29/5/08 02:56, "Andrea Coffey" <why@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 07:07 29 05 2008, Lea Murphy wrote:
>> When I import my images and begin bringing them up full screen size
>> in Library mode they appear one way but after Lightroom is finished
>> rendering them, they appear lighter.
>
> I see this too, and also in RawShooter.
>
> I believe the initial display is of an embedded thumbnail in the RAW
> file (a JPG in the default colour space),  while the image that
> subsequently appears, is the RAW image with the default settings,
> ready for processing.

Jonathan Turner
Photographer

e: home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx