Re: art or ..?

----- Original Message -----
From: "karl shah-jenner"
: a respected photographer with works and exhibitions spanning 30 years, Bill Henson has hit the media here
:
: the artist:
: http://www.roslynoxley9.com.au/artists/18/Bill_Henson/profile/
:

in a followup

"They all participated in the Creative Australia stream of the national summit, and have written an open letter expressing their outrage at plans to charge Henson under obscenity laws.

"As members of the Creative Stream of the Australia 2020 Summit, we wish to express our dismay at the police raid on Bill Henson's recent Sydney exhibition, the allegations that he is a child pornographer, and the subsequent reports that he and others may be charged with obscenity.

"The potential prosecution of one of our most respected artists is no way to build a Creative Australia, and does untold damage to our cultural reputation."

<http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/national/henson-2020-backlash/2008/05/27/1211654016215.html>

<http://www.smh.com.au/news/arts/big-names-speak-up-for-henson/2008/05/27/1211654033189.html>

<http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/arts-elite-attacks-pm-over-images/2008/05/27/1211654031654.html>

oddly, one online Australian newspaper has an actual 'offending' image up

<http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2008/05/24/1211183189567.html>

of course, australians shouldn't load the page, for doing so would constitute a crime by downloading the image

karl