Re: I'll be in the US in summer-would love to meet some of you

Hi Herschel,

You will have time to see quite a bit of the USA with your timeframe.

I would suggest looking at the following sites:
New Mexico    http://www.state.nm.us  -  newmexico.gov  -  newmexico.org
Arizona       http://www.arizonaguide.com  -  azot.com  -  az.gov
Utah          http://www.utah.gov
Nevada        http://www.nv.gov

These states have some really great places for photos. There are a lot of rock formations in the southwest that are very interesting to explore and photograph. And Arizona has the grand canyon.

Then too, if you have never been to Las Vegas visiting it is worth the time. You don't have to gamble and the strip is something to see at night. Not far from "Lost Wages" is the Valley of Fire Nevada State Park with petroglyphs dating back 1000 and west of Vegas is Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.

I'm trying to decide if I will drive to meet my family in Las Vegas and if things fall into place perhaps we can meet somewhere out there. I want to drive since I have seen all the states mentioned from 35,00 feet and I want to see them from ground level.....

Bob

herschel wrote:
I'll be in America from around July 6th till September 20th.
Currently planning to be in:

New York
Rochester - just to visit RIT. (Andy, will you be there early July?)
Toronto
San Francisco (The bay area mostly)
Tucson AZ
Santa Fe NM

I'd love to meet as many people from the list as I can and also get
suggestions of places to see (Especially in New Mexico)so if you are close
to anywhere I'll be, mail me and perhaps we can set up a meeting.

Thanks
Herschel

--
                          /////