Re: Maximizing Resolution at 24 MP?

Roy:

Maximizing Resolution at 24 MP?

: The guy who was testing Tech pan got 100 lp/mm on wide angles
: (_http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&message=27823714_
: (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&message=27823714) ).
:

and those figures are often the result of the combination of film/lens to yeild the resolving power figure.

the resolution of the digital sensors is often cited as a pixel count rather than a resolution as a resolving power.

The nyquist limit suggests the resolving power can't exceed 1/2 the pixel count - so that drops things a bit

and as per the ASCI diagram I squiggled in an earlier post, you can see that resolving power drops even more as one deviated from the XY axis. probably to 1/3 the pixel count.

Add the lens into the equation and we get lower resolving power still :/

karl