creativevolution

Dear list members

Our school has just released a new web site which may be of interest to you:

www.creativevolution.com <http://www.creativevolution.com>

"creativEvolution is an umbrella for the creative community at Charles Darwin School."

Designed by our in-house creative designer Ross Matthews, it is a show case for the creativity of our students across a broad spectrum of activities, including photography. Our students range from 11 to 18, and photography is restricted to 16 to 18 only. In terns of "academic" ability their I.Q. spreads roughly from 80 - 130, but is weighted more towards average and below. Many of our 6th formers (16-18) are not particularly academic by nature, but we operate an "open admission" policy.

Most of my photography students work with simple P&S cameras; a very small nmuber have dSLRs. We teach them to work with what they have and not rely on expensive equipment. We are currently using PS7! We don't teach that specifically either, but use a need to know basis for teaching skills on a mainly individual basis.

Hope you can find time to browse - all eulogistic comments welcomed!!!

Howard