Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 7:07 AM
Subject: Re: I can't remember the process

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marilyn Dalrymple" <marilyn160@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 7:39 PM

: Hello Herschel,
:
: I am familiar with gum prints, and unfortunately that's not what I'm looking : for. The process I'm trying to identify actually washes away some of the
: print itself and leaves it looking as if sand had blown over it (but the
: method uses liquid chemicals). I'm determined to find my answer and won't
: give up.  I appreciate your help, though.  Thank you.

potassium permanganate (a bleach) is purple if that helps..

?

karl