Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: I can't remember the process

Gum bichromate is "Developed" by washing the surface of the print. (Washing away an aggregate) It also allows the use of art paper.

Marilyn Dalrymple wrote:
Once upon a time I made some prints using a method that required washing the surface of the print with a chemical (purple liquid, I remember) that removed some of the prints surface. There is a name for this method and I can't recall it for the life of me. The original print may have been made using a nonsilver process - I'm looking at one of the prints now and the paper is very textured - like a watercolor paper (it's matted, mounted and framed so I can't actually feel the paper). I'll keep rummaging through my books and papers, but I thought one of you might remember the method.
 Marilyn