Re: photo storage question

I am not sure anything digital can really be truly archival.  We have seen just how computer technology changes.  We might write the data to 100 hard drives, but what good would it do if hard drives are replaced by some new far superior technology in a few years.  Everything would have to be transfered that that often does not happen.  How many of you have a computer that still has a slot for 3 1/2 inch floppies??  If so how bout the 5 1/4 floppies?  Go back far enough and I used a cassette tape recorder  to store stuff for the Texas Instruments 994A I think it was.  I wonder just how much information was lost when tape storage fell from favor.