Re: PF Exhibit Update 26-04-08

Thank you for the comments.

ranflory@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Rob Miracle - Vintiage Swimsuit - Vintage Pin-Up

Interesting image, although to my mind it is mis-titled. There is nothing vintage about the model, other than the pose. The purple in her hair (or so it appears on my monitor, and I can’t tell if it is stage light or highlight), the blue fingernail, and the fact that the black strip at the front of her bathing suit is a straight vertical running the entire length of her torso all scream “Early 21^st Century!”

Well, she is far from a vintage model. She is very much an alternative model. Her hair is multi-toned. She has studs pierced in her back and chest.

However, the title isn't about the model, its about the swimsuit. The swimsuit itself is vintage and the pose is also vintage, ergo the title.

I agree I need to fix that front stripe. In looking at it I need to do a little more body sculpting anyway.

The blue fingernail surrounded by highlight from behind the model is distracting for me. It makes the right thumb look unusual and therefore distracting.

I see what you mean.  I also need to finish painting her nails!

But this image is otherwise extremely well-lit, well exposed and well composed. It is very well done.

Thanks!
Rob Miracle
rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.robmiracle.com