Re: off topic posting -othering

Oh dear.

In order to elevate ourselves when we know darn well that we're dumber than pig swill and not much of an asset to the planet, we do something called "Othering"
We create an "Other" who has attributes even lower than ours. Dumber than us, less honest than us, dirtier than us and lazier than us. This makes us feel that we're on the winning team and we can be proud of all the things that men "Like us" have accomplished.... when actually we and our ancestry had nothing to do with discovering anything.

We get this into circulation with visual media and... good old innocent jokes... everybody loves a good joke. and a good old honest photograph... everybody knows the camera never lies.
You'll notice that the people doing the othering never question the validity of images that validate their viewpoint or see anything wrong with the jokes. Like people who only see this joke as poking fun at one side.
An interesting thing about this particular joke is that it pokes fun in both directions.... at the Redneck cop and at the Mexican cyclists. It must come from a third, other party.... (How's London Bob?)
So nobody should take too much offense.

But the journey from a joke or a well "Composed" photograph (Or video) to a lynching is a long road so let's cheer up now...

Why remove anybody.

There are REAL issues in the world that require our attention.

This is kinda like taking the fire truck to a car wash on the way to put out a fire.

>The person to remove of course is the stupid person >who thought this was funny.

>Andy, it is time to give this person his

>walking papers.

Phil

w8imo (Bob) has been on this list a very long time and is not, normally, prone to long off-topic diversions. In fact from what I remember most of his postiungs are directly on-topic.

The joke was mildly amusing IMO but not actually that funny. OK, it poked fun at Americans (which of course is a heinous crime). But other than that what's the big deal? Too close to the truth? :o)

If a few people want to leave over it - bye, bye.

Rob.

Earn up to £150 by recycling your old mobile phone - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/recycle