Re: UV filters for digital camera lenses

With the exception of my WA and my super telephoto, all lenses have a UV filter on them. No flair issues, and a second layer of protection are just some of the reasons to have them.

I have seen filters literally destroyed but the lens underneath survived just fine. Use the proper hood for each one and you are in business.

My fav filters are B+W and Hoya.

Les