Observations

seen at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

1. Christopher Strevens - Stones - I am afraid the pile of stones does not do much for me.

2. Howard Leigh - Coventry Cathedral - I like this photograph. Somewhat traditional in its composition but that is OK by me.

3. Renate Volz - zzzzzz..... hmmmm ... you have to know Mykat to connect. I am allergic to cats (kidding). It looks a bit "flat" or flattened. Almost as if it had been lying on a scanner platen and you had made a "scanogram" - shades of the leaf photograph. I think the photograph is maybe a bit "tight" - too close-up.

4. Marilyn Dalrymple - as a piece of visual material the photo has a lot going for it. Strong colors. A couple of interesting or attention grabbing elements. It is somewhat disturbing that I can't reconcile this as a vertical in my mind when I infer that it was photographed diagonally to the water surface ... but maybe not.

5. Robert G. Earnest - what can I say. Classic.

6. Andrew Davidhazy - just a leaf - no valid excuses. needed another image to fill the "void" - originally made for use as a greeting card for a local church. (warning ... Andy does not always tell the truth!)

OK _ now for the GOOD news. There are three photographs awaiting installation this weekend. Problem is that the staff management will be on travel assignment for the weekend and depending on the help is always problematic. So, you may or may not see an update this weekend.

HOWEVER, that should not stop anyone from sending in their photographs if so moved. It would be "nice" to see some work by new contributors. Don't you think? With one added each day wed have a plethora of images to discuss in the coming week(s)!

Guidelines can be found at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

Maybe we should engage in another PF group project? Another edition? A theme-based exhibit? Humorous photographs? Photographs that can be shown right side up or upside down without losing impact?

The exhibit site could also accommodate photos and stories about hardware you collect and or use, etc. - well maybe a separate exhibit page just for this?

hmmmmm ... management needs to watch the spirits perambulating these regions!

Take care,
Andy