RE: Norooz 1387 - Eid-e Shoma Mubarak!

I have not seen any of this objectionable content yet. Nor have I seen anything that was even vaguely political or ideological. I do believe that this member is indeed involved with photography and I don’t see what the fuss is about.

Perhaps we should consider freedom of speech and association until we actually see some sign of abuse of this freedom HERE on this list?

Herschel

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of mlent@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:24 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Cc: Bob
Subject: Re: Norooz 1387 - Eid-e Shoma Mubarak!

Jonathan and all,

As a moderator at POPPHOTO.COM, I have dealt with this individual for over a year now and the posts start our nice enough, but eventually, he'll start posting content that most anyone would find objectionable. So much so that authorities got involved. This includes photos of militant newspapers that they like and images that even I as a photojournalist found objectionable.

Now, this list is supposed to be for photo imaging and educators, and if the topics are going to stray into political ideology and propaganda, you can let me know right now and I'll be happy to cancel my subscription. There is a time and a place for political and ideological banter, but a photo educator list isn't either of these.

Mark Lent