RE: Stupid question

An inch has a specific size. An inch is, in fact, an inch long and all
inches, are exactly the same size.

Pixels themselves have no inherent size. They are more like points of
reference or sets of numbers for an image. We can not see a pixel and so we
must change it into something we can see.... A dot of sorts. The size of the
dot will depend on how big we make the image and how many pixels there are
to fill the space.  Using a 640px X 480px file to make a 640" X 480" image
will result in dots that are 1" X 1" in size.

If you get far enough from the image so that you're eye cant resolve a 1"
square dot, the image will look fine.

On a monitor which is about 17" X 14",  set to a resolution of, say, 1280 X
1024 dots per inch (About 72 pixels per inch), this image will fill about a
1/4 screen, thus it will appear 8.5" X 7" in size with square dots that are
each about 1/72" in size.
This is not a bad size for viewing images... about the same size as the
images in the PF gallery.

Herschel