From: Gregory Fraser <Gregory.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 8:41:46 PM
Subject: RE: apple mac update time!

Rich writes:

: Heh, heh:
: Windows XP Service Pack 3 FAQ
: http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/xp_sp3.asp
:
: Rich

Karl chokes back expletives and responds:

> - nasty!  336.1 MB
> buyt then that's a bloated OS - and it's a culmination of all the
service packs and a new browser version too
> ;)

Karl you're missing the point. When you install the 336.1 MB update, it
expands to 2 or 3 gig of operating system. That's value for money my
friend! Lets say you spend $120 for XP. You get the service pack free
and we'll assume it replaces every flawed, poorly written, chunk of crap
code. OK so once you install the service pack you'e got an entirely new
operating system except for Minesweeper and Freecell (the only parts of
Windows that were taken seriously in the design stage).

Now on my XP PC I have a Windows and a Winnt directory. Both are about 3
gig so that's 6 gig. I won't include the Program Files directory for
now. So I bought 6 gig of Windows. When I install the service pack
that's 6 more gig so now I've gottne 12 gig of Windows!

Now do the math. Gig stands for Gazillion Bytes. $120 / 12 gazillion
bytes = .......something really small per byte! True value for your
money.

Greg