Re: Dirty slides

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob" <w8imo@xxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 5:31 AM
Subject: Dirty slides

: I was cleaning the basement today and buried in the corner was a box
: that contained, among other things, a bunch of Kodachrome slides from
: 1976.
:
: The slides are dirty with 30+ years of dust and grime.  I am looking for
: nondestructive methods of cleaning them.  This forum seemed like the
: best place to start asking for help and advice
:
: TIA,
: Bob

posted back in 2004
http://paulmessier.com/PM/PDF/CleaningColor.PDF

here's a series of tests conducted using a number of solvents to clean
photographic media and the conclusions on the degree of success/failure.

worth tucking this reference away for future reference