Re: News in the 1910's

Alexander Georgiadis wrote:

I wonder how many pixel photographs from the turn of this century
will still be around in the 2050s-2060s
to tell the story of mankind on this little planet.

Thanks for the reminder to get my old printer fired up.

Alex
Good question......

Sometime ago I read a post, maybe here,  that the poster was having a hard time finding a 5.25" disk drive to get data from a 5.25"  diskette.  Then he went on to say that last night he printed a 60 year old negative.......

Being retired from a large computer company after 40 years I have seen many variations of digital storage come and go.   Moving images to new media for storage can be a major undertaking.   Then we have the questions about degradation of the media itself.

Bob

--
                           /////
                          ( O O )