My camera and the use of photography

Hello – please do not take offence.

The use of photography.

I have disposed of my old camera kit with its 3 lenses, body and various filters and replaced it with a mini digital camera.

I now have a Fuji F31fd which I strapped to my belt in a digital camera pouch. The only other thing I need is a tripod. The effects the filters gave may be done in Photoshop, apart from the polarising filter. It has an optical zoom which gives it versatility and the viewer is a screen, there is no eye-level viewfinder. This means that you do not hold the camera up to the eye you hold it in front of you at about ten inches. I try to compose each shot like a plate camera and only take one unless I want a different angle. The flash card it takes holds hundreds of images so I could take a composition every 10 minutes and go on all day, but during my editing session I only use one. I use my images to put on the wall, usually after an arty processing in another package, sometimes I flatten the image to monochrome and hand colour in Photoshop.

The camera is the 6 Mp type with a 12 Mp file. This is sufficient for the domestic purpose of the camera which also shoots cine and sound.

I mainly shoot street scenes the tripod is for the inside of buildings.

Unfortunately my computer kept crashing and so I had to buy a new motherboard (the company only charged for the new hard disk I put in as it was under guarantee) so I’ve not restored all my software and there are still filters to find the disk for and put on.

The trouble started when the rozzers impounded my computer last may because I had images of people being burned alive in a gulag (known as a mental hospital – where dissidents are maimed or put down) on my disk and they wanted the images. I think they wanted either to destroy them or use them.

While I was in the Gulag in London, a Moslem lady was given an injection; she died a few hours later.

I no longer have these images but I managed to get them to the UN, Amnesty International, The Hague and CCHR.

I took one of the naked paralysed people just before she was to be burned through the gate into my car and then by air to the international court in Holland with the film. “Please help me I’m paralysed” is what her mouth said. She could not use her vocal cords as the spine had been transected.

They wrecked my computer and many files were destroyed including some software I had purchased. I’ve asked for £500 for a new PC and compensation for wrongful arrest and detention.

I still think Britain is a fledgling democracy and we need to make Britain a democracy.

Photography has that use of exposing that sort of abuse of power.

Chris

http://www.myphilosophy.eu