Re: Adobe is watching you.....

In a message dated 1/2/2008 2:09:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, herschel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
In fact they make it possible for a corporation to make income from an
artist's work and then sue the artist for using it him/herself.
When you sell an art work to a corporation you don't sell the copyright. The RTP.NC (Research Triangle Park) is full of corporations that have art hanging on the wall. Don't forget copyright also covers 2d artists likes painters and 3d artists like sculptors. I think you aren't in an environment that has a lot of art, an environment that appreciates the value of the ideas art brings to the community. I think you been hanging on to the Internet too long.

With regards to copyright when CBS Sport used one of my copyrighted post cards I sent them a bill for three time what I thought it was worth.  After their lawyers got the necessary info CBS paid the bill. In one conversation I had with the CBS lawyer he said they would pay the bill and not go to court as if he was doing me a favor. Why? CBS would have had to pay all my Attorney fees,

Roy