Re: Why Some Photographers Hate Creative Commons

In a message dated 22/12/2007 10:33:54 GMT Standard Time, shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
how much would you pay someone to take a picture for you
I live in the UK and up to now have not had the desire to commission a photographer except once on the occasion of the marriage of one of my daughters - and that about 20 years ago.

Were I to commission a photograph of myself to match the two portraits of my grandparents (circa 1908) I guess I would start by reckoning that to get by a photographer would have to be earning around £100 a day. I would consult with the photographer over the time required for the shoot and the processing, allow for travel time, materials, and opportunity cost and negotiate from there on in.

I am an amateur choral singer and I often have to explain to some of my less aware choristers why it is that to put on a concert with professional soloists and semi pro orchestral players can cost in excess of £4000 would that we could house and expect audiences of 500 to enable us to offer concerts at a price the public seem happy to pay.

Michael