Re: Why Some Photographers Hate Creative Commons

David Dyer-Bennet writes:

: karl shah-jenner wrote:
:
: > corporate image buyers have discovered Flickr.  They've discovered the search facility, the floodgates are open and it's too late for us to shut them.
:
: And, really, should any of us have the right to force those gates
: closed?   Buyers and sellers, photographers and users, are *happy* with
: them.

Good point and one I neglected, these services - free image hosting, searchability etc - offer a fantastic opportunity to many including myself and they're greatly appreciated!  They're not a bad thing at all for the majority

It' not solely the CC copyright which is the threat, nor the image hosting, but couple it with the searchability and we have a free source of uncountable images for those needing images.

karl