Re: airports and cameras

On the subject of firearms and checking, please note that if you by any chance arrive at a Massachusetts airport and take possession of you check firearm, the mandatory minimum sentence is 1 year in prison.  This applies to all firearms, not just handguns.

So, check your clothes, carry your photo gear, and don't think of using a firearm as a way of increasing security of check luggage.
If you have to travel with one, then do so, if you don't, then don't.

Cheers,
James