Re: Oval Frame

Id also suggest another possibility to consider.  If the print and frame is that old its possible that the bowing was not a result of what anyone did.  It is possible that it is the result of the warping of the wood of the frame over time causing a bow.  I sure couldn't think of an easy way to make that happen.

Roger Eichhorn <eichhorn@xxxxxx> wrote:
I have an antique oval frame that has a bowed glass in it. It
displays a tinted B&W print of a child and appears to be something
from the late 19th century. The child's costume is certainly of that
era. The print is bowed to match the curvature of the glass. I
don't intend to take the photo out to replace it with something else,
but I have another similar frame that's empty that I might want to
fill someday. My question is, how would I go about bowing a print to
match the curvature of the glass? I suppose at one time, they had
molds, perhaps of plaster, to accomplish the task.

Roger