Θέμα: Re: Ξ?Ξ­ΞΌΞ±: Re: Solid state SD cards backuper?

Indeed this is what I fear the most. Cutting losses is easy when you split a photoshoot in segments and assigning a card each. Nt fera is a card that fails or gets lost. (and to  alesser entend when confiscating the card when you have smuggled a camera in a concert) ;-))

I am thinking the issue over and over again. For example I just bought and 1G mp3 player with a USB plug and it may be small to use as a flashdrive too. An all in one device would save me from the all these issues but it;s got to be small and absolutely rub ib common batteries. being solid state would be one more bonus. Will dig a bit....

thanks all. kostas

Per Φfverbeck <per@xxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
Well, while I have had card failures while recording in camera on them, I΄ve never had a card fail after it was removed from the camera and put in a container.  I guess anything can happen (like dropping or misplacing the card container), but altogether it seems that your backup scheme would only cover a very low-risk period of the entire duty cycle, and not be worth it.

Even if you now need to re-use cards during a shot, you΄d be far better of (and much safer) by buying more cards, and do the backup when safely home again.

As I said, I do have a 20 GB device to copy cards to, but nowadays I hardly ever use it.  Enough cards is far safer, faster and simpler.  Unless I already had bought the device, it would probably be cheaper, too (I΄ve never even been close to filling those 20 GB on one trip).

Per Φfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates"

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!