Re: Re; Announcement of PF exhibit update - heads up about next one also

At 8:52 AM -0500 11/20/07, ADavidhazy wrote:
With apologies to everyone we must confess that the updates were prepared but
obviously sent to the wrong address. The PF gallery staff

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated NOV 17 2007. Authors
with work now on display at:  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

                  Valery Firsov - Red & Black

Valery strikes again! What a neat vision! Simple, thoughtful, striking and heart rending!

                  Qkano - Look

That backdrop is just a bit too strong, and bright.  Interesting concept.

                  Robert G. Earnest -

Blue.  Pre-dawn does that.  Surreal the way the whites are so harshly white.

                  Rene M Hales - flower and bottle

Perfect for the Victorian notecard marketplace. I like the combination of waxing and waning flowers, the touches of wilting. The vase is just a bit of an anachronism - I think that wire wrapping is a modern innovation in home accessories. But still, attractive within the style. A little flat, perhaps the background could be burned in a bit more to give an illusion of more depth between it and the base.

                  Howard Leigh - Brighton Marina, UK, November 2007

Silly hounds, but black really sucks up the light. Some fill flash and a lot of darkening of the background would bring the viewer's attention onto the doggie pose. The bright wall behind the left hand dog and the brilliant brick sidewalk really steal the eye.

                  Roger Eichhorn - Pit Stop

Funny. Stopping to do repairs at the side of the street. We are so far away from the age when people depended on horses. I'd tone down the red on the ground a bit and perhaps burn the background to limit its brightness. And try to get that man to put that whip away.

                  Jim Snarski - Bee Dance

Great stop motion but it's so successful that the bee isn't actually dancing. Very hard to pull off, getting the body sharp and the wings soft with motion. I love Point Reyes Station.

                  Peeter Vissak - Substructure

Thatch, phragmites australis by name. A terrible pest here where I live, came to this continent as packing material and stifles all the native plants. I like the way the water surface becomes a neutral background to the phrag, although it would be ever so much more effective if there were some backlight on the reeds. Unlike many submissions this week that have had background too bright, this one is so even that I wish for a more intense sense of the the pattern.

                  Dan Mitchell - Sunfrost

This is one of the most beautiful moments in the fall around here, hoarfrost all over the unwitting plants that are still hanging on there. I think this would be better square, eliminating the glob of green on the left edge and concentrating the viewer's attention more upon the beautiful yellow petals, so suddenly surprised to feel the frost. Lovely light on the frost, shining down from the gray sky.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx