Christopher Strevens asked:

  Marilyn Dalrymple Open Window

 Marilyn often makes ambiguous images, is this a painting behind an open window? Or a fiddled image of a window? To me it is a closed window. Now the cyanotype could have been done digitally on an inkjet printer or a normal color print after being digitally adjusted, is that what you are doing?

Marilyn answers:  Hi Chris ,

The image is indeed an actual cyanotype made with chemicals on watercolor paper.  The original, which is a bottle placed on a the sill of a broken window, is a slide, which I had made into a print.  I then scanned the print and made the digital negative in Photoshop and printed the cyanotype with that negative.

Thank you for your questions.

Marilyn