Red One again - was a long time back 12Mp at 60 fps

I haven't been keeping much of an eye on this for a while but bumped into a
cinematographer yesterday who told me these were not only out, real,
available to buy and own - but also they were cheap!

http://www.red.com/cameras

"Typical high-end HD camcorders have 2.1M pixel sensors and record with
3:1:1 color sub-sampled video at up to 30fps. We deliver 12M pixels at up
to 60fps and record wide dynamic range and color space 12 bit native RAW.
That's more than 5 times the amount of information available every second
and a vastly superior recording quality. Don't need all that data for your
workflow? Dial it back, and keep all the other advantages of the Mysterium
T Super 35mm cine sized (24.4×13.7mm) sensor. You get the same breathtaking
Depth of Field and selective focus as found in film cameras using
equivalent 35mm P/L mount lenses. Mysterium T boasts greater than 66db
Dynamic Range thanks to its large 29 sq. micron pixels. And 12,065,000
pixels deliver resolution that can only be called Ultra High Definition.

price ? $17,500 US

who's shooting with it, Peter Jackson for one..

http://www.red.com/gallery

contary to the critics claims
<http://dvinfo.net/conf/archive/index.php/t-65947.html >,

Jim Jannard the billionare put him honey where his mouth was and ponied up
for the R&D costs so the consumer gets the camera at rock bottom price.

any way you cut it, a 12Mp camera that can rip at 60fps is worht it's
weight in gold :)

karl