Re: PS script

What I really would like is an editable text layer above the background.
I have thousands to do and it's part of a larger complex action.

Does Infranview save as a layered document?

karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

: Hi Karl,
: It needs to be an editable PS text layer that simply has the file name
as the only variable.
:
: I want to include the script in an action.

if you're open to suggestions and the sole goal is to rapidly add text to
an image.. and have access to a windows machine

irfanview will do a couple of hundred megs of files in a few seconds

open irfanview, press B
(navigate to folder containing images, select and choose 'add')

select 'advance options' (bottom right) 'hints' under the text box tell you
$F puts the file name on the image

set everything else as you'd expect, eg:
Y-Coord: 2, Height: 15
Text: $F ©2007 Herschel Mair
Font: Copperplate Gothic Light, Size 12
Text Alignment: Left

press OK

press OK again

select batch rename (then set rename options - $N is same as original)

choose your output foilder

hit start

it'll take a second or two and it will be done :)

it really is very simple and amazingly fast

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,
Higher College of Technology
Muscat