Re: PF Exhibit on 29-09-07

Emily blurted out:

> >             Darin Heinz - Northbound
>
> Very strange.  No shadows.  Boat sharp at f22 but trees not.  Boat
> should be moving too.

Very strange? There are indeed shadows, although faint. As Mr. Gibbs is in
shadow to begin with, the skylight is casting a slight shadow seen on the
ground to the viewer's left. In addition, the light from the trees
(illuminated by the setting sun) is casting another faint shadow into the
lane.

The boat is sharp, or more precisely, acceptably sharp, because the amount
of blur is less noticeable from further away. Try it next time you're in a
moving vehicle (preferably when someone else is driving). It's why the moon
doesn't appear to move when you're going down the highway at 70 mph.

And this is why I prefer to shoot chromes...  ;-)

Reaching for the Excedrin, I remain
Yours very truly,
Darin Heinz
Melbourne, Florida USA