Re: Help with printing photomicrographs on plain paper

Redsponger asks

: Dear Group - need suggestions on printing
: photomicrographs out in draft form, on plain paper.
: Currently using Dell Inkjet printer - printout of
: image is not clear.  These images were scanned in from
: negatives - any suggestions will be greatly
: appreciated.  Utilizing Adobe CS2.
: Thanks
: Barbara

'Draft' generally means the print driver runs at the minimum number of dots
per inch, so you'll have the least amount of ink used, and the lowest
quality/resolution

note that by resolution I mean visible resolution, nothing to do with
pixels per inch..

Using the plain paper setting also tells the printer to squirt the *least*
possible amount of ink on the paper too, further lessening the quality of
the image.

Your best bet is to size your images in pixels to something reasonable for
what you want printed, then sharpen to suite

Then use a less absorbant paper - even the cheap 'photo' papers with a
propper coating.

Set the image density a little lower if you find you're using too much ink,
but set the image quality to the finest possible (ie, tell the printer
you're using high quality gloss photo paper)

Draft on plain paper is truly only of use for documents, anything photo
related will give you dissapointing results

Sorry I have no quick fix cure, but I hope this helps some

karl