Gallery Comments 07-28-07

Authors with work now on display at:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

Okay, here goes. These are just my thoughts. I never feel competent doing
this.

Howard Leigh -
The new lens seems to be working with nice detail.

Roger Eichhorn - Cactus flowers
The focus does not seem very sharp to me. Did you convert to sRGB for web
posting? Sometimes that helps the color fidelity.

Emily L. Ferguson - Politically Correct Police Station
I like the blue light and this is a good illustration of the compact
fluorescent lights.

Qkano -
I would have liked to know a bit more about this event. It looks like a
reinactment of some type. Too bad the more modern chairs are in the left
background. I do like the feel/mood of the image and that it is in b&w.

Angela Turnpaugh -
This portrait shows the imposing power of the young wrestler. I would have
liked to see a bit more light on his face and to be able to see his eyes,
but this is going more for his demeanor.

Linda Buttstead -
Documents the end of The Dixie Grand. It seems to be a bit overexposed, but
may be due to the old slide.

Marilyn Dalrymple - Spirits from Another Realm
Nice experiment. You might want to consider adding a bit of texture to the
photo too and perhaps brush marks at the edges to be more like a cyanotype.

Alan Zinn - Don't Panic!
I think hearing "Don't panic!" from a flight attendant might send me over
the edge. Glad all was well and you shot safely from the ground. Well
documented.

Guy Glorieux - A saint's head
I like the tone and it is unusual to see the head balanced on the hands.

Rene M Hales  getting ready for the dance
I posted this because I liked the flow of the people, the father in the
background and the expressions. I also like the people in the photo a lot
too.