Re: [Kodachrome] Alive or dead

On 14 Jul 2007 at 12:39, Rich O wrote:

>   As for the Postal rates issue, several posters on another list
> stated that with the new rates, it would cost considerably more (I
> believe they quoted $1.59) to send mailers via the USP service. When I
> went to my Post office the clerks seemed a little confused at my
> question. There was some banter amongst (three of them, including one
> I know is the supervisor) over whether the mailer would actually be
> considered a "parcel" now. But I was told that two first class stamps
> would be all that is required, and I've been doing it that way ever
> since with no problem. Seems that Dwaynes meters indicate the same for
> their end.

I was once told that the Dutch/European/USA?/global?) size-limit
between 'letter' and 'parcel', 3.2cm thickness (also being the size-
limit of postal-box-openings over here), was based on the diameter of
a film cannister....it fits, but barely, thick envelopes requires
some persistance....:))

But alas, even if true, this argument will soon become a relic of the
past, and forgotten by even more folks on this planet....

--
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink

      The desire to understand