Re: Really Right Stuff x Novoflex - Which is the best ?

At 18:22 2 07 2007, Joseph wrote:
After a while waiting to get these accessories I am finally at a point where
I am ready to get both a panorama head and a set of macro focusing rails.

I have a set of macro focusing rails I purchased from Manfrotto about a year
ago but they don't work for me considering the type of work I need to do.

After looking at the models from Really Right Stuff and Novoflex I was
impressed enough with their quality and design. It seems, from what I have
seen, that they should be equivalent in terms of quality and craftsmanship.
But since I have never owned equipment from either company I thought it
would be a good idea to ask others for suggestions.

What are your thoughts about both companies and in particular the equipment
I am about to purchase ? Any previous experiences with them ?

From my limited experience:
Manfrotto
I own a couple of 468MG ball heads fitted with RC4 quick release shoes (obviously with RC4 plates on my cameras and lens), and they work flawlessly. A bit of work with a friend's drill press was all that was required to fit the RC4 shoe on the second ball head.

Novoflex
I've been looking at their tilt/shift bellows and lenses to bung on my dSLR. To put together a functional set-up, involves some real money (especially from Oz with the exchange rate). I've not found any negative comments on Novoflex equipment (other than the usual pricing comments).

Really Right Stuff
   No personal experience with RRS, though they _sound_ very reliable.

&i (: