Θέμα: Re: Ring lights

Now Karl I think you are a case of developing Flashaholism
(being addicted to flashlight tech & paraphernalia.)

come over to our http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/ forum. especially if you are the tinkerer kind of guy.

There is lot of issues regarding LED light, since it maybe monochromatic but it is not always the same frequency from lot to lot (called bin sorting). But that is a bit moot with digital macro. Infact all my lattest close up shots were made with a new genration AAA light of greenish tint.

Luxeon LEDs are now outdated since the new bread is 100% more effective.
See Cree and Seoul Semiconductor offerings using the P4 die. And begining this month it has been superseded by Luxeon Rebels

Anyone wanting to know more about LED color PM me with an e-mail address that accepts file attachments of reasonable size.It is more difficult to dig up links than sending you my archive

Anyone that wants to make a led setup of his own, he is about to dive deep in converter circuits, heatsinking, wiring and current calculations. PM for sources.

karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
I built an LED ringlight after trialing a number of white LEDS to check
colour balance and finding they came out as close if not closer to daylight
than electronic flash did. In an attempt to get a brighter output than
standard LED's could put out, I ended up buying a bunch of 3W Luxeon LED
torches from China with the intention of ripping the LEDS from the torch
shells and mounting them in a ring diffuser (LED's are *very* directional)
but I liked the little torches so much I kept them intact and make do with
the lower powered unsinked LED's :/

If you want to save some money on a commercial ringlight, if you're
moderately handy with basic power tools and if you do a lot of macro shots,
building a ringlight is pretty simple and cheap.

If you want to do portraiture with a ringlite, then using the Luxeons is
definitely the way to go but don't diffuse them too much or you'll
sacrifice a fair bit of light.

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!