A Death In The Family

I would like to steal a little of your time if I may.

I have lost a friend recently, Patrick Goforth, a master black and white photographer who studied with the greats in our field.

I would look forward to the times he and I would talk about the world of photography, it's every facet. Patrick was knowlegeable, generous in his advice and honest and had a long history in photography. He has left a wonderful legacy in his body of work. Texture, form and movement were his specialty, abstracts of our lives, and he was good at it.

It never even ocurred to him to go digital, preferring his large format camera and film.

He was well respected in our community of photographers here in Gig Harbor, and I will miss him terribly.