Re: PF exhibit update 06-02-07

2 jun 2007 kl. 14.32 skrev ADavidhazy:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated May 19 2007. Authors with work now on display at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/ gallery.html include:

             Elson T. Elizaga - Among the Red Parrots
Nice image, with lots of action in it, and of course, heaps of colour! Knowing the force in a parrot´s beak, I´d be a bit wary of confronting small children with them, but it seems all went well.

             Herschel Mair - Royal adornment
Excellent portrait, really dignified! It makes some European royal regalia look like a clown´s outfit in comparison.... Being the burn- ín freak of the list, I´d have toned down the lower right part just a little.

             Alan Zinn - Stairs, Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago
Stairwells often make great subjects. This time, the two human figures are placed exactly where they should be (and no one else has entered the image at the wrong time and place..). Is that really water at the bottom (never been to Chicago, at least not outside o ´Hare...)?

             Marilyn Dalrymple - Blue Window in Black and White
Marilyn, by now I´ve seen several of your images, and I have to say that this one is the best of them all! Composition, lighting, sense of materials, everything works to its best. Makes me think of Josef Sudek (one of my absolute idols within photography...). Easily my pick this week (and it´s a good week...).

             Andrew Brooks - SEALAND
Very suggestive; makes me think of some kind of computer game. That dominant wave in the foreground lifts the whole image from just illustration to something more (and the tilt helps, too).

             Kostas Papakotas - Only Red & Blue
Better than last week´s; more dynamic curves. Quite good in its genre; well composed and balanced.

             Per Ofverbeck - Anemone Nemorosa
Just have to add that I don´t like the dull colours and low contrast as displayed on my monitor. First time I exported for web directly from Lightroom instead of going thru Photoshop. I must have goofed it up somehow... Sorry!

             Emily L. Ferguson  Bike parking
Strange semi-abstraction. But somehow, I don´t think it works without the verbal explanation, which to me is a weakness in an image.

             Guy Glorieux - The shadow of a smile
Daring and effective cropping. Very good! Would have burned down the high lights just a very leetle ( did I say burn-in freak?).

             Roy Miller - Carrots in the Hand
Surreal image. The colour palette makes me think of a famous American photo-realistic illustrator who contributed in most US magazines in the 50´s or so; I forget his name, but I´m sure you know whom I mean. Strange growth and shape of tose carrots, btw, kinda tubby. Swedish carrots are much more beautiful.... ;-) (Just kiddin ´....).

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"