Oops, indeed

George Carlin, in a routine I will have to paraphrase, said that people say the earth is in trouble. BS. The earth is not in trouble; we are! One day the earth will shake itself and we will be gone. It seems Kurt thought the same way. As destructive as we are it is unlikely that we will destroy the earth. But it is easily imaginable that we can make it unlivable for creatures such as ourselves. I hope by now that romantics and pragmatists and capitalists can agree on that. I like it here.
Don