Gallery comments 05/12/07

12 maj 2007 kl. 14.29 skrev ADavidhazy:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated May 12 2007. Authors with work now on display at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/ gallery.html include:

               Robert G. Earnest -
A product shot, technically competent. Afraid I´m just not interested enough in cars to really relate to this pic.

               Jim Snarski - Art Nouveau
Insects are a bit closer to my heart, so to speak. Good shot, with the wings being sharpest; they are the main subject here. Static, symmetric composition, not inappropriate for a resting insect. The diffuse tree branch (?) in the background is slightly distracting, but I suppose not much could be done about it.

               Per Ofverbeck -

               Rene M Hales - Chimayo Courtyard
Quite beautiful, very muted colours, and a mix of sharpness and softness that gives an almost dreamlike mood to the image. Totally different from Georgia O´Keefe´s interpretations of similar subjects.

               Linda Buttstead
There doesn´t need to be much in a picture if lines and composition work, and I feel they do here. Can´t make up my mind if I would prefer this one in black and white; in any case the colours are muted to the extreme. Must add that although I´m in general agreement with your text, I think you should trust the picture as such to convey the message uncommented; it does so quite well here.

               Herschel Mair - Yellow spot
Well seen.  Reminds me of Ernst Haas.

               Russ Baker -
Well done; I must admit I´m more amused than thrilled, but probably that was the intent. And I always thought these characters fuelled up with bourbon, not with good Scots single malts.... I must have underestimated them.

               Emily L. Ferguson - MIT
Imposing architecture (funny that a nation that has no really old buildings is so fond of ancient Greek styles..), with distorsion well utilised. A bit empty in the foreground, but with such a wide lens it is easy to give that impression.

               Bob Sull - Vacation Home - Needs Work
Nice colours, fabulous sky, intriguing subject. Quite unsharp, however (don´t know if something went wrong in the reproduction), and this kind of images just demand extreme sharpness.

               Howard Leigh - Mixed Tandoori
Grub shot, or grab shot? In this case, both... I bet it was tasty, but there are just too many technical defects to really convey that feeling and to whet any appetite: lighting, colour balance, that maimed hand in the corner. Sorry, but steak for me, please.... ;-)