Re: lab printed question

Try http://www.brucelindbloom.com (Bruce Lindbloom)

www.digitaldog.net (Andrew Rodney)

There you can download a standard image which you'll know when the colour is wrong.

Firstly make sure it looks right on your monitor.
Send that image to your lab and tell them to print it using NO correction. (NN all the way)
REPEAT LOUDLY SEVERAL TIMES... LOOK SUSPICIOUS WHEN THEY SAY "OK"

and see what comes back.

If it's good...
nah it won't be!
See what adjustment layers you need to use to get it right.
Typically I use a color balance layer, a Hue and Sat layer and a curves layer.
I make the adjustments to get a decent print back from the lab using NO CORRECTION WHEN PRINTING!!!

Now I save the file as "COLOUR MANAGEMENT.PSD" with those 3 layers in it and whenever I'm sending to that printer I drag the layers to my new print before flattening it and JPEGGING it and sending it out.
 It's been my experience that if you send Photoshop files to labs, they can't resist the temptation to mess with it in photoshop a little.

... and then leave a layer turned off or something worse when printing

That should be all the profile you need.