late gallery comments

Marilyn: Green & Blue

I enjoyed the spikey-prickly feeling and the lines that are almost making a moir pattern. I think this would be great as a photo mural.

Pini: Street shot

Reminds me of the movie "Casablanca" The funny thing about this image for me is that it feels so interior. The moody feel of the blinds, the diagonal shadows.. Like a window in a cheap motel or a tropical bar. It has a universality in its mood that makes it a strong communcation I like the image a lot

Guy: The lovers

Interesting tonality in this image. Something of a Zone -system reference work. I'm not sure where the history (Although compelling) connects to the subject though.

Is the statue really white or is that a manipulation? It has a strange negative/positive anomaly to it. The formal, symmetrical composition, with the subject dominating the central area has a difficult relationship to the random cloud patterns in the sky and the conflict is enhanced by the broad Zone VI and VII areas in the statue. Almost as though the statue had clouds too and they compete with the sky. Still the image did keep me staring at it for a while.

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,
Higher College of Technology
Muscat