Re: Not to pour gas on fire, but...

> You sound very cynical to me.

Well, as long as I don't have to choose a new
epitaph... Again!  :)

> The line is quite
> clear--only global
> changes to correct (not enhance) color and tonality.

I consider color as "content" Pictures of people in a
darkroom or inside a submarine come to mind, the
ambience heavily red or green. Color is a crucial part
of the story, hence "content".

> If you want to get into a
> philosophical discussion of what is "flawed by
> nature" you'll have to
> take that up with someone else.

Well, inevitably this subject will have to be settled
that way, since ethics and any argument of reason are
the realm of philosophy. I am aware of the severe
scalding that has resulted to others in this forum for
defending their philosophical positions! I thought of
writing an article and maybe talk A. D. Coleman into
publishing it. No, wait... :)

I know the value of good reputation, and If PJ's
adhere to a set of rules, it is great that they have a
code - it favors their argument. For me, ethics in
photography is always eluding universal validation.

Cheers!