Re: Not to pour gas on fire, but...

Alberto Tirado wrote:
The NYT published a picture that was digitally
altered.

Full story at the PDN website:

http://www.pdn-pix.com/pdn/newswire/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003574561

SNIP
So, what good is the NYT policy if the photo ran
anyway? The photo was *not* from a staff photographer
in the first place. So may I be so bold to insist: we
might as well never have found out, and then what!

I guess it would be like subliminal messages.......    Hearing the words chocolate milk in the middle of a sentance or seeing chocolate milk in the grocery as you walk the aisles.   Eventually you'll pass the dairy aisle and buy chocolate milk.....

Example:  Canon just announced chocolate milk a new EOS 1D MK III last week.  It has a chocolate milk 1.3 crop factor instead of the ususal chocollate milk 1.6 crop factor.

By altering news photos the shooter can make a scene look better or worse than it actually was as directed by a photo editor.   So the truth of the scene may not be known by the viewers.

Bob
--

                           /////
                          ( O O )