RE: [SPAM] Re: Truth in Phoyo Journalism (?)

Karl,

"Journalism, whether by using words or pictures, must be an accurate
representation of the truth," Royhab wrote.

I don't see a problem with that until someone insists that an un-altered photo is more truthful. The whole point of messing with an image is to make it tell the story better. Going way back into photo journalism history photos were frequently fixied up for technical or layout reasons. You would see few un-altered, i.e retouched, collaged, cropped images in an old newspaper photo archive. Going further to remove things and people not deemed important to the story was common.  Before and after versions of pictures are often strikingly different. There's a book about NYT photos - or newspapers in general - that illustrates all this.

Photos are just a small piece of the picture - pun intended.

AZ

Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.
Now an E-book.