Re: Adobe in Photoshop freebie

lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Bob, is your hard drive a fake beer can kept in your fridge?

LOL! No actually it is an external USB drive that I save personal stuff on...... I tried the fake beer can but kept wondering why there were empties in the fridge and I kept tossing them out...... ;-)

I would think minimal personal info needed for the service would be secured just like with a credit card. There are secure on-line data vaults. Nothing would have to be saved off your computer with rented software - I wouldn't think. You wouldn't need too much at-home storage. Non volatile memory is cheap. Reading it in the future will become an industry in itself maybe. I have thought of a simple method to overcome that problem. Waiting for Jobs, or Gates to ask me about that... . AZ

My security concerns are probably a combination of my 40 years carrying a toolbag for IBM, the occasional, and getting more frequent, news stories about hospitals, universities ( I got a letter from Ohio University where one of my sons graduated from assuring me that when their system got hacked that I had nothing to worry about, that my credit card info was not compromised and that our SSNs were safe), large corporations, (Boeing, Starbucks) and the like finding that their systems have been hacked and personal data was compromised. Not all of the info was stored on stolen laptops, And then there are the security updates MS sends me every week...... Oh, and my son that has some experience with security due to his 21+ years in the Army.......

Perhaps I'm overly cautious but that's me.

The way I understand the "rented software", we don't own it now, we just have a license to use it, is that Gates for example, wants to keep everything on his site for us. So all we would need is the dumb computer and a modem. I have some experience with SAN and NAS systems, but it has all been in corporate environments, I haven't had any exposure or experience with global applications. I think the possibility of hacking and the potential liability would be enormous..... The security would eat up more resources than all the other applications combined.

Now, back to photography.......   :-)

Bob

--

                          /////