Subject: RE: OT questions , was vista
From: mohadib <mohadib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, February 02, 2007 2:01 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 11:02 -0700, lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I have a current Norton's on the sick machine and an out of
> subscription Norton's on the well one - go figure.  Also I ran FixIt
> Pro and it didn't show any improvement.  I am going to install a
> firewall - not sure if I'll stick with Norton's.
>
> AZ
>
> Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!
> The Lookaround Book.
> Now an E-book.
> http://www.panoramacamera.us

You might give this a try ,

http://www .download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5

I have had good luck on windows machines
with this in the past. Also...you can run msconfig (98 and Xp) to see
what apps are auto-starting in the background. I have found this to
be very informative when troubleshooting slow computers.

Good Luck,
jd