My Photos

Hello,

I said I deleted all my files, well so I did, and I said I was going to destroy all my slides.

Well I did delete them and began my slide collection destruction then I stopped. I had only thrown “rubbish” away.

However my old computer that had a copy of my files on it was returned by the police after a raid based on a dishonest informant and a set up of something on my disk.

I am discharged now and back home. So I recovered all my files and set up a mirror disk to keep them safe. The old hard disk is now an external “my documents” disk and it is mirrored to another disk of identical size.

Another external hard disk is the PhotoShop scratch disk as, in my experience, system disk back up never works when you want it too and the multiple backup you do are counter productive.

Now the remains of my slides collection are still numerous and I asked the price of scanning, over £400 a folder – I have about 6 - so I bought a slide scanner to do my own for £300.

So I’m back to square one.

I do not have a film camera and the digital camera is just a pocket one so I’m not active at present.

The man I asked about getting scans said “£6” a 24 film, so I said, if I buy a scanner I can be a scanner for you as he farms these scanning jobs out. There might be money in that.

I’m not strong enough to carry a camera or tripod because of my heart so I may have to settle for my pocket digital capture device. These digitals have stopped upgrading themselves now and the novelty has worn off.

I will not be going back into film.

It will be 3D digital soon, have you seen the new 3D TV? Its my invention you know!

Christopher Strevens